With critical thoughts, we have the power to rebuild the world. - Phathu Musitha

A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life. - Charles Darwin.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Indigestion and digestion in 2010

The last year went by without as much as a glitch. No, really, that’s what I call a blatant lie. It was hiccups all the way, actually. But they have all stopped and I can pause for five seconds and just smile as I reflect. The rain has dried up, and the sun is out to heat up my cheeks.

I was all things in 2010 – a temperamental freak, a great lover, a wonderful friend, a pain, and still – a success. I did not achieve many things I set out to make mine; however, I maintain that God played fair…

Laziness and procrastination must have had a productive meeting when they colluded and clung on my back. My tongue didn’t hold out enough to gather more saliva; it was always in a hurry to utter that which my mind entertained. Subsequently, pointless grudges were unfortunately formed against me. My honesty gained me life-long friends but pushed away new ones faster than I can spell holiday.

It was not a wasted year: I got a new job, I filled up one page of my passport, I increased the number of times I have flown, I took more walks, I temporarily took up running, and I never quit discovering myself.

All in all, survival is the main thing, and I did more than that. I pulled off a great leap into 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment